Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


Code Compliance

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​265 E Parkway Blvd.
Coppell, TX 75019​​
PO Box 9478
The Code Compliance Division consists of three code compliance officers.  To maintain the neighborhood integrity and safety of the community, each officer is assigned an area to ensure this is accompli​shed.  


To view map click here​​​.

​Rental Registration Program

The City of Coppell requires that all rental properties located in the city be registered.  Rental properties must be registered on or before January 31 of each year or upon becoming a rental property and much be inspected prior to a tenant move in or tenant change.  For Multi-Family registrations please contact the Building Inspections Department at 972-304-3500.

Single Family Online Payment​

​​$25 Annual Fee (effective Jan. 1, 2019)​

Registration Forms and Inspection Checklist:

​$25 Fee upon New Tenant (effective Jan. 1, 2019)
​​$10 per unit Annual Fee (effective Jan. 1, 2019)

​​short term rental (STR's)​

On January 2, 2019, the Short-Term Rental Ordinance​ went into effect.  All property owners who rent their home or a portion of their home for less than 30 days need to register with the city and have their home inspected.   

Single Family Rental Brochure​ - to be completed and submitted with application. 

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) specific to STR's

Registration Form

​       ​​$50 Annual Fee, $25 Annual Fee if owner is age 65 years or older.*  

Residents may contact the 24-hour Hotline: 972-600-2122 to report concerns or violations of this Short Term Rental Ordinance


What are the most common code violations?

Click here​ to download and print "Enhancing the look, safety and health of our community" brochure.

Is a permit required to have a garage sale?

No.  However, garage sales are only allowed twice a year.  Garage sale signs may only be erected between the hours of 6 pm Thursday and 10 pm Sunday.  Sign faces cannot exceed six square feet or be any higher off the ground than 36 inches.  Signs may only be placed on private property and not on city right-of-way.  No sign will be allowed within any street median or attached to any tree, public utility pole, street sign, traffic control sign or devise or other sign.

Are temporary signs allowed in the City of Coppell?​

​Certain restrictions apply.  Please visit Municode​ for more information.

If I'm currently renting my property, am I required to register the property with the City?

Yes.  Rental properties are required to be registered with the City on or before January 31.  Please visit the Rental Registration program for more information.

Do rental properties require an inspection?

Yes.  An inspection of the property is required only when there is a tenant change or upon becoming a rental and must be inspected prior to occupancy.  Please contact Building Inspections Department at 972-304-3500 to schedule an inspection.

Does the City inspect for mold issues?

No.  To submit a complaint regarding mold please contact the Texas Department of State Health Services.  For cleanup and remediation please visit the Centers for Disease Control Prevention website.​

Illegal Signs Pay You Program​

​For more information regarding the Illegal Signs Pay You Program click here​.


Suzanne Arnold
Chief Building Official


Laurie Marshall
Code Compliance Officer


​Rochelle Brooks
Chief Code Compliance Officer


Karen Hartz

Code Compliance Officer