Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


Environmental Health

265 E Parkway Blvd.
Coppell, TX 75019
PO Box 9478



To protect the health of the citizens of Coppell from foodborne illness, communicable disease and hazardous materials through routine inspection, education, monitoring, investigation and enforcement of food and environmental ordinances. Environmental Health protects the public from foodborne, waterbor ne and other communicable diseases through routine inspections and education.  ​​

Food Safety and Restaurant Scores

The City of Coppell Food Program is responsible for protecting the public health by inspecting for food safety in restaurants, grocery stores, schools, daycares and other retail food establishments. A food establishment health permit is required for all businesses or organizations that provide perishable foods, whether prepackaged or non-prepackaged, to the public. Permanent establishments as well as temporary events are required to apply for a food permit, regardless of whether there is a charge for the food.

Ten ts Rules


Certified Food Protection Manager & Food Handler Requirements:
The City of Coppell requires at least one employee that has supervisory and management responsibillity to be a Certified Food Protection Manager. Click here  for more information on Certified Food Protection Manager recognized exams and testing agencies. 
ALL food employees, except for the certified food manager, shall sucessfully complete an accredited food handlong training course. Click here  for more information on Certified Food Protection Manager recognized exams and testing agencies. 

Cottage Food Ope rators: 
Home food preparation is not allowed in the State of Texas except foods that fall under the Texas Cottage Food Law. 
A cottage food production operation is defined as an individual, operating out of the individual’s home, who: 
  • Produces a baked good, candy, coated and uncoated nuts, unroasted nut butters, fruit butters, a canned jam or jelly, a fruit pie, dehydrated fruit or vegetables, including dried beans, popcorn and popcorn snacks, cereal, including granola, dry mix, vinegar, pickles, mustard, roasted coffee or dry tea, or a dried herb or dried herb mix. 
  • Has an annual gross income of $50,000 or less from the sale of the described foods; and
  • Sells the foods produced directly to consumers at the individual’s home, a farmers’ market, a farm stand, or a municipal, county, or nonprofit fair, festival or event.
  • Delivers products to the consumer at the point of sale or another location designated by the consumer.
Click here for Cottage Food Production frequently asked questions.

Food Inspection Results:

Food establishment inspections are the primary tool for detecting procedures and practices that may be hazardous.  The restaurant scores are used as a tool by the City to place a value on compliance to the regulations, educate the operators, and thereby encourage corrective action.  It should not be assumed that the inspection results reflect how an establishment always operates. The City of Coppell uses a 100-point scoring system during each unannounced routine inspection.  A score below 70 may be grounds for the closing of the establishment. Every violation noted is debited using a weighted scale (1-5) based on severity. The frequency of inspections is based on each establishment's potential "risk." The "risk" is based on type of food preparation, volume of customers and previous inspection scores. Unannounced scoring inspections are conducted from two to four times per year based on the calculated "risk" of the establishment.

Click here to view the latest Food Insp ection Results >>> ​​

The City of Coppell has updated its Smoking Ordinance to include e-cigarettes. For more information, click here .

Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste Disposal

Coppell residents can contact Republic Services to set up an appointment to have their Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste collected.

  • The household hazardous waste program (HHW) is available to Coppell Residents.
  • The HHW service is available to each household once each month.
  • Call Republic Services before noon on any given Friday.
  • HHW bags will be mailed to you along with proper instructions on how to package the material for collection on the next available Wednesday.
  • Call 972-304-3555 or 817-332-7301 to schedule your HHW pick-up.
How to dispose of materials that will not be collected at your door:

Fee Schedule & Forms and Applications

Food Establishment Fees:
Temporary Permit$50.00
Non-Profit Temporary Food Permit$25.00
Seasonal Permit$100.00
Plan Review Fee$100.00
Reinspection Fee50% of annual permit fee
Permanent Establishment Fees: (Annual Permit)
Grocery Store  $150.00 per department
High Priority Food Establishments$400.00
Medium Priority Food Establishments$300.00
Low Priority Food Establishments$250.00
Mobile Food Vending Fees: (Annual permit)
High Priority Mobile Unit$300.00
​​Medium Priority Mobile Unit$250.00
Low Priority Mobile Unit$200.00
Swimming Pool Fees: (Annual Permit)
Public Pool or Spa$200.00 annually
Reinspection Fee50% of annual permit fee
Plan Review Fee$100.00
Public Interactive Water Features (PIWF)$10.00 for each additional truck

Forms and Applications:


Lua y Rahil
Environmental Health Officer


Carol Primeaux
Environmental Health Specialist


Zach Young
Environmental Health Specialist